Sunday, October 2, 2011

Meningitis

Those who are close to me know what my family has been though this past mouth. In a nutshell, I caught viral meningitis and was admitted to the hospital on Thursday, September 8 after an exhausting night in the ER. I ended up staying 9 days in the hospital due to several complications. My heart rate was in the low thirties and my spinal fluid was leaking from the spinal tap they performed to determine if I had meningitis.
The pain I was in is indescribable and was made worse by the poor pain management of my doctor and hospital. (They finally got it right after the 5th day and my angel Dr. Fairchild!) Giving birth to Jayden was by far twice as easy as having the brain swelling/headaches from the meningitis coupled with the spinal fluid leak. When they had me on the heart monitor and the pain was insurmountable, it was the first time in my life that I contemplated death. I could see the unknown future in the eyes of my family. I honestly am not sure if I would have made it if I didn’t have my amazing husband, family and friends who helped me through this difficult part of my life. I love you all from the depths of my soul.
While in the hospital, one of the hardest things was not being able to see my little guy. Thanks to Daddy he kept the following pictures coming so I could see him growing right before my eyes!





 I apologize for the delay in the blog posts, but this virus has kept me off my feet! I have spent the past few days catching up on my blogging and I have now uploaded and backdated my posts from August 28 – October 1. I did not like post dating them, but I wanted to keep the posts and stories of Jayden’s adventures in order. So please forgive me and read the backdated posts at your leisure!

No comments:

Post a Comment