Saturday, April 7, 2012

Neighborhood Egg Hunt!

After Jayden’s egg hunt performance yesterday, I had very low expectations for the neighborhood egg hunt! I figured Todd could perhaps help him pick out at least one, but clearly we were going for the company, food and drinks!
When we have block parties, all of the families bring a dish, their beverages and chairs. After lots of deliberation, the Shappards brought Rice Krispie Easter Eggs filled with MM’s! I saw a commercial on tv that showed families making the eggs and thought it would be ideal for our party! I also felt that I could somehow persuade Todd to help me make them! Little did I know that he would be the master champion of shaping the treats into eggs! After I saw him make a few, I handed over the entire process to him! He did fantastic and the treats were the hit of the party!



Aleax, our block party host, had his green machine (tractor) out for the kids and they adored it, especially Jayden! He had so much fun getting on it with the other kids. He sure does love to give hugs....... 



Todd’s sister Stacey and her family were able to join us for the hunt! The boys were so precious riding over to the party in Jayden’s wagon!


After all the eggs were hidden, the children gathered at the top of the blocked off street and those under three had a head start! Jayden was ready to explore! He was off and Todd and I were running to keep up with him! He actually did a great job and by the end he was throwing them in the basket! LOL he thought he was playing a game with Todd!






We had so much fun and I can’t wait to bring J again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment