Monday, April 23, 2012

Family BBQ Play Date

It was officially my turn to host the next play date with my LM Moms, so I decided that it was time for a family play date so we could involve all the Daddies! Last Saturday we invited the clan over for a BBQ. My hubby loves me to death, but nothing quite like my party planning can put a smirk/smile on his face! Rather than get overwhelmed at my must have themes for my parties/hosting events, he just laughs and helps me as much as he can in an effort to see my vision come to fruition!

This play date was no different than any other. I of course had to have some type of theme to emphasize! I was unsure at first, but as soon as I saw the “Gourmet Hot Dog” blog on Hostess with the Mostess (www.hwtm.com) I knew I had found it! I was so excited to have something not only fun, but easy for the adults to eat. I mean who wouldn’t want to have an array of over twelve toppings to put on their dog! Here are a few pictures of how I tied the theme together…..


(As Charles and Paul would like to point out,
I am OCD and have the toppings in alphabetical order!)

As for the “Play Date” part of the event, it was as perfect as it could be with rainy weather! We borrowed an amazing bounce house from the Vanek family, which fit perfectly under the overhang of our porch! The toddlers loved it and were giggling the entire afternoon!




If they weren’t in the bounce house, they were in the play room or “The Discovery Room” as we like to call it! (Or if you’re Jayden you were walking around entertaining everyone!)

                                                ELLA                                         JAYDEN            

                                                CAMI                              COOPER & ZANDER     

Todd, Jayden and I had such an incredible evening. We are so fortunate to have such a supportive play group comprised of friends that are able to relate to what it’s like raising a one year old! (A big thanks to Melanie for capturing the family pics!)

The Shappard Family (Plus Cooper!)

                                   The Hutmacher Family                        The Wilde Family

The Wardle Family

                                    The Chapman Family                         The Arkins Family

The Porter Family

AND THE LM GROUP!

No comments:

Post a Comment