Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas!


Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store.
Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more!

~ Dr. Seuss’ “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”
Christmas has always been about family in my house. When I reminisce about Christmas as a child, I don’t remember the gifts, but the memories with my family! Cinnamon rolls while we opened stockings, watching movies or pajamas and having a beautiful prime rib dinner. This year was even better because I experienced both old and new traditions!
1)   Waking up with my Mom (Grandma!), Jayden and Toddy
I invited my mom to spend the night with us Christmas Eve. I had no idea what time Jayden would get up, so I thought it would be wonderful if she was here and didn’t have to drive over to see him play with his toys that Santa gave him. It truly made my Christmas morning special and I can’t wait to do it again next year!

2)  Watching Jayden come down the stairs Christmas Morning!
Words can’t begin to describe how wonderful it was to see Jayden walk down the stairs to his first Christmas! (It was officially his second, but to me it was his first that he could enjoy!) He was priceless! As soon as we got to the bottom of the stairs, he rounded the corner and headed straight to his new toys!!

3)  Seeing pure enjoyment in Jayden’s eyes as he explores his new presents!
J absolutely adored his toys! Santa did a fabulous job picking out gifts that he would fascinate him! He adored all of his gifts, but that Cozy Coupe was his pride and joy! I laughed because he would investigate a toy or box and then head right back over to his car! (So afraid it would disappear!) He couldn’t be away from it for more than five minutes! I thought I was going to have to park it next to his crib during his nap time!!





Jayden's gift to mommy and daddy!

Jayden wearind Daddy's Krochet Kids hat from Ughanda!


4)  Cinnamon Rolls after Stockings
Does it get any better than cinnamon rolls and presents…..I don’t think so!

5)   Brunch at the Shappards
After a quick nap for Jayden, we were off to Randy and Sherry’s for brunch! It was so wonderful seeing he family and Jayden of course couldn’t help but entertain everyone. He is too much I tell you!

Grandma gave this car to Jayden and he adored it!


Clearly Jayden has a habit of climbing on top of things!

6)   Lunch with my Dad
After brunch we headed back to our house to have lunch with my Dad! It was so great to see him and spend some time with him on Christmas!

7)   Night of Napping with Toddy and Jayden
At this point, you might be asking yourself when I will be mentioning how delicious our prime rib dinner was. Well I have to confess that for the first time I MISSED it!! Due to pure exhaustion, Jayden and I fell asleep and didn’t wake up until 7:00! Todd let us sleep and called my Mom, who of completely understood.(Of course they didn’t mind because that meant more for them lol!) Even though I missed the meal it was great resting with J and Toddy!
I am so blessed to have such an amazing family! I had an incredible Christmas and I am already counting down the days until we can celebrate next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment