Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve is full of family traditions for the Coffey/Roddy/Shappards!
1.   Christmas Eve Service
Growing up we were never able to attend Christmas Eve Service because we were at our holiday family party. However, this year Real Life held services every hour and a half starting at 3:00! I talked mom into coming with us and it was truly specials sharing this service with her and Todd. It was so beautiful and I can’t wait to go again next year!

2.   Christmas Eve Gift Opening – One Per Shappard
Ever since I can remember, I have always been able to open one gift before we went to my mom’s family Christmas Eve party. Last year Todd and I continued the tradition in our family, so this year was our 2nd annual Christmas Eve gift opening. Todd got me a beautiful family picture frame, we gave J a moose/reindeer beanie and “Tank” gave Daddy Timberland boots that matched his pair! We had so much fun opening our surprises.




3.   Coffey Christmas Eve Party
The Pyles family was hosting the party this year! Their house was beautiful, warm and inviting. Jayden was at the perfect age to appreciate all of the bows, paper and boxes! His favorite part of the evening was when he was stealing ice out of the drink bucket! (He loves his ice!) It was so great seeing all of my cousins, aunts and uncles.







4.   Roddy Family Gift Extravaganza (This is not the official name, but it seems to fit!)
This year we attempted our family gift exchange on Christmas Eve again. After the party, we headed back to our place and put the little guy to bed. He was exhausted! Memaw, Pa, Cathy and Mom then came over to open all of gifts. We had champagne and meat pies for dinner after presents! It was so much fun  staying up late and opening gifts!


5.   Santa’s Cookies
After the Roddy/Coffey clan left, Toddy and I set out Santa’s cookies for Jayden! (Jayden was snoozing away upstairs!)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Christmas post Heather. I especially got kick out of the video of Jayden walking around with his faux hawk. Oh what a little man he is.
    Please tell him to stop growing.

    ps. I hope Santa enjoyed those cookies. *wink*

    ReplyDelete