Thursday, June 17, 2010

Father's Day

Last night I had the privilege of unveiling Todd’s first Father’s Day present!! Our son and I decided that we were going to get Daddy a grill! With the help of our good friend Rick, I had the grill delivered to the house. (Fortunately Todd was working late so I did not have to worry about him coming home.) Emily came over to help Rick unload it and we put it on the porch. We walked Rick out to his truck and then went back outside to “stage” the porch and grill.
Little did we know that when we closed the french doors that we would lock ourselves out! (This is now my fourth time locking myself out due to the notorious locks on our doors!!) Emily and I just laughed at ourselves as soon as we realized what happened. Of course both our phones were locked in the house, so I had to go meet our neighbors for the first time and ask to use their phone. Fortunately, they were very friendly and I was able to call my mom. She came to the rescue as always!!
My mom drove over to the house and let us in and then both she and Emily helped me rearrange the patio furniture and the grill. Todd came home shortly after they left and I was so excited to show him. I told him that while he was working I rearranged the patio furniture and put a light on the porch for him. He walked out to see it (really thinking that I was busy doing my usual redecorating) and was completely shocked to find his very own grill!
He loves the grill (A Weber Spirit 310) and he can’t wait to cook us something on it. So all in all, I believe my first Father’s Day gift was a success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment