Friday, June 11, 2010

Boy or Girl

I woke up this morning thinking, “Am I having a boy or a girl?”.  I was extremely excited to find out, but I was also nervous about the baby being healthy. (As all mothers are I am sure!) Todd and I got ready and then we met my Mom at the hospital for the ultrasound. I felt as if time stood still as we waited for them to call us back. When they finally called my name, you would have thought we were a bunch of kids going to Disney. We all jumped up with the biggest smiles on our faces (Especially Daddy!)
When we went back to our exam room, the sonogrpaher explained the anatomic sonogram and what exactly they were looking/checking for. She informed us that the primary reason for the sonogram was not to determine the sex of the baby and that if the baby was not giving her a good view she would continue on with the scan.
Little did she know that he was more than willing to show us his manhood! The baby was a BOY!!! There he was on the screen, with his legs wide open! It was so shocking at first, mostly because my entire family thought it would be a girl. However, Todd and I couldn’t have been more thrilled. (Later in the car Todd mentioned to me that he wanted a boy first so he could protect his future younger sister!)
At that moment I felt incredible! I was having a son! After the appointment we had lunch with mom and then Daddy took me shopping. I did a little bit of damage, but how could you say no to such adorable little outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment