Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Jayden’s First Valentine’s Party

As you know, I adore party planning of any kind. So I was ecstatic when I picked up Jayden and saw on his classroom door that they were going to be having a Valentine’s Day party! Jayden’s first!! There was a signup sheet of things parents could bring in for their snack time! I quickly perused the list and saw cookies, cupcakes, fruit, cheese and a few other things. I also noticed that there was a note saying everything had to be store bought! I immediately was disappointed because I couldn’t snazz up store bought cupcakes or cookies!!! I mean how was I going to attempt to show off my Martha Stewart skills! (Lol Todd teases me about being extreme, but I love adding the extra touch that makes people smile!)
I went home and thought about my options. What could I do to make Jayden’s snack special???? CHEESE! I could buy the cheese and slice and cut it into heart shapes! I was so excited! So here are a few pictures of Jayden’s cheese plate that I made for tomorrow!



Something seemed to be missing.....


Now it seems complete!
I also wanted to do something special for his teachers! I thought it might be sweet to make them homemade cupcakes and package them up for each of his teachers! (Since he is one of their sweethearts of course J!)


Here’s hoping my little man has a fabulous first Valentine’s Day party! Since food is involved I somehow know he is going to have a great day tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment