Saturday, November 5, 2011

Jayden's Birthday Party at Daycare!

I was completely in my party planning mode on Wednesday when I realized that I hadn’t organized anything for Jayden’s birthday at daycare. I thought for sure that they wouldn’t appreciate me bringing cupcakes in because it would create such a mess with the little ones! However, just to be sure I had Todd ask Jayden’s teacher Ms. Megan on Thursday. Since she is so wonderful, she said of course we can do cupcakes! (Meanwhile I internally went into freak out mode because I had nothing special made or planned!)

I immediately began to think of how I could snaz up the cupcakes. (Now once you have a child you somehow feel that every first has to be spectacular…lol, so you psych yourself out sometimes!) So I decided to stay with Jayden’s birthday party theme and do the same lion cupcakes toppers, but with a different background. This then meant that I needed to stay up until 1:00 AM making them! I then got up early and baked the cupcakes so they would be fresh. Lastly, his Grandma Cathy came over and helped me make an incredible icing for them. Overall…..I felt they were a success! Jayden truly adored his FIRST CUPCAKE!!! (As did his buddy Xander!)

No comments:

Post a Comment