Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

This year Thanksgiving was very special because my little bro Colin was in town. His wife Katie had to stay home and work and it wasn’t quite the same without her! However, we are thrilled that she let us borrow him for a few days!
 We woke up and I made all the boys (Jayden, Todd & Colin) a breakfast casserole. It was precious seeing my favorite men in the room thoroughly enjoying something I made them! After breakfast, it was time to straighten up and prepare for the Shappard family luncheon. I baked a pumpkin cake with homemade whip cream and a blue cheese vinaigrette salad. Todd loaded the car and we were off to his cousin Justin’s home in Eustis.
 When we arrived, J was anxious to get out and explore. While Todd followed little man around, I unloaded the car. As I grabbed the food in the cooler, I started looking for the salad bowl and the cake pan. I said to myself, “hmmm that’s funny, I clearly had everything that was going located in the same central area in the kitchen. I wonder why the items aren’t in the car?” I asked Todd and he said he didn’t pack anything but the cooler because I didn’t give specific directions to pack the items on the counter as well. Well shoot, lol I didn’t know I was suppose to list out every item! It was my fault that I didn’t mention the items on the counter, but I of course I needed to blame someone other than myself! Todd said it was win/win because then we could have the whole cake to ourselves when we got home! However, without the salad bowl I had to turn the salad Tupperware upside down and serve it in a lopsided container. I was mortified and felt like a country bumpkin. LOL, Todd just smiled at me and told me everything would be all right!
 After our afternoon with the Shappards, we headed over to my Mom’s for another turkey “dinner”. I was looking forward to putting my feet up and seeing all of my family. The meal was delicious and my sweet potato casserole was very delectable! Jayden truly enjoyed his first official turkey dinner! He mixed everything together on his tray, which made me break out into a nervous sweat! (It’s an inside joke with my family that I can’t have anything touching on my plate….especially Thanksgiving Dinner!)
J exhausted from his frist Thanksgiving!


J sitting on the chair my Great Grandfather made for my mommy!
Three generations later and the kiddos still love it!


After dinner, the “Squirrel” Family (Pyles Family) came over for dessert. Jayden loved seeing his second cousins and playing with them. He followed William around and loved on him all night! We had a blast with everyone and I couldn’t have imagined a better day!



 From our family to yours, we hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!


No comments:

Post a Comment