Sunday, November 6, 2011

JAYDEN'S 1ST BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!!!

Drum roll please……………… yesterday was officially Jayden’s First Birthday Party! It seems like I have been counting down 365 days to this, wait I have been! It was everything that I imagined it would be and more! I had a complete blast with Jayden and I know that when he looks back he will appreciate his first birthday party! (Lol, I at least hope he does!)
I’ve been dying to share my planning and outrageous decorating décor with you! The outrageous decorating décor came from my husband Todd. I asked him if he could make animal cut outs for the yard and of course he was up to the task. (Especially since he got to purchase a new power tool!) We’re a pretty good pair when it comes to party planning! 
Welcome to the Shappard’s Safari Adventure…..
Don't you love the monkey on the balcony...Todd's idea!



Once inside, all of our safari guides had their binoculars ready for any wild game.....





It couldn't be a party without my favorite part: the FOOD! We worked really hard coming up with great Safari names for our menu.... Gorilla Grapes, Zebra Cakes, Impala Italian Subs, Crocodile Club Subs, Monkey Meat Balls, Cheetah Cheese Ball, Safari Spinach Dip and my fav Big Five Bacon Parm Dip!


I also made little sack lunches for our safari guides. They each contained organic fruit punch, a jelly sandwich, Puffs and apple sauce.


When you think of babies turning one, you automatically think of them eating their first cake and/or cupcake. I wanted to do something special for his first birthday, so I decided to make his cupcakes with the help of his Grandma Cathy. I made the lion cupcake toppers and she helped me with the most delicious frosting ever! I am quite proud of how they turned out....Jayden definitely approved!







It was important to have activities for our little ones to entertain themselves with. We had a tent, sand box and ball pit. (And corn hole for our BIG safari guides!) When they were done outside, they also spent some time relaxing back at Base Camp in the play room.






With all the partying, it was hard to stop and take pictures. However, here are a few of my favorites that I was able to capture:


Not quite sure where Jayden's hand was going...


Sorry Martina, I had to....





Now with Todd's spectacular animal cutouts, all I had to do was tie a few Safari elements into the party. Here are a few things I did inside/outside the house....






A many thanks to the individuals that helped make this party complete:
Grandma Sharon, Grandma Cathy, Auntie Katie, Uncle Colin, Auntie Em, Auntie Lindsey
and last but not least LoraLee Lewis Party Designs!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful 1st birthday party! The theme is adorable and you carried it through everything so well. I especially love the cut-out animals {kudos to Todd}, the favor bags and Jayden's outfit.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I ADORE the Safari banner. I must check out LoraLeeLewis Party Designs. {Finn already has his theme selected for his next birthday)

    ReplyDelete