Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Helpless

Last Thursday night Todd and I experienced our first case of helplessness with Jayden. I got a phone call at work in the afternoon from daycare. (Never a good sign, at least when Jayden is concerned!) J had thrown up, but he didn't have a temp. I wasn’t quite sure what thrown up meant in terms of Jayden because all I have ever experienced is his baby spit-up. Well, Todd and I sure found out!
Jayden proceeded to throw up throughout the rest of the evening and I mean THROW UP! It was projectile and it got Todd twice and me once. I never thought I would see the day that I would coo to someone and tell them it was ok to throw up on me!
Finally by 11 PM, we were worried about dehydration. Following the pediatrician’s orders, we took Jayden to Arnold Palmer Hospital in Orlando. (The best pediatric hospital in central Florida!) They gave him some medicine to help him stop throwing up…THANK GOODNESS! We were fortunate because we brought him in before he was severely dehydrated, so he didn’t need IV fluid.
Our little guy was amazing through it all! What a trooper! (Unlike his mommy and daddy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment