Sunday, December 2, 2012

My First “Manly” House Improvement Project

When I was at my girlfriend Catherine’s house I saw the new toddler toilet seat that she had installed. It was an adult seat that had a magnetic toddler seat within it. I couldn’t believe that had such a FANTASTIC invention! (Clearly anyone who has potty trained before knows what a pain it is to either snap in a toddler seat or clean out a small toilet!)
The next weekend I took J to Home Depot in search of these seats. As I rounded the corner I felt as if a light was shining and music was playing the in the background when I spotted it! (Yes, as sad as it is I was truly that excited about a toilet seat!) We bought two seats and headed home! Toddy was busy working and doing homework at LM, so I decided to take on the home improvement project myself!
Now those that are close to us know I am pretty prim and proper. Me on my hands and knees taking apart a toilet just doesn’t quite fit my image! That is because I am very fortunate that I have a very capable husband that loves doing all the “manly” things around the house. With this being said I thought I would help him out since he was so busy with school and attempt this project by myself.
I of course had the best handyman with me…Mr. Jayden Shappard! He was a very good helper and kept me company as I forged ahead into the unknown! I was very impressed with us both as I finished the two toilet seats in the afternoon before Toddy got home!  Thanks goodness for Google and Youtube!!!

1 comment:

  1. Look at this cute toddler cover.
    I've never seen this before.
    How perfect. I wish it was around when the boys were training. *wink*

    ReplyDelete