Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Our First Home

Today we bought our first home! It is such an incredible feeling knowing that you have a home where your children will one day take their first steps! (Our little one is 17 weeks today…..23 more weeks to go!) I fell in love with our house or the “Dream Home” as we like to call it, as soon as I drove up for the first time.  The curb appeal was gorgeous and exactly what I had been dreaming of my entire life! It had beautiful stonework and columns in the front, as well as a balcony overlooking the street!
We were extremely fortunate to have found a home that our family can grow in. It has 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and an office. The kitchen is to die for with its granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances. The floor plan is open and will allow our family and guests to gather in a large space. Yet the best part is the beautiful staircase going up to the second floor. When I was a young girl I would dream of dressing for my prom and gliding down the stairs to meet my date. If we have a princess, maybe one day she will be able to walk down the stairs to meet her date.
We are set to move in Saturday, May 29! I talked Todd into letting us hire movers, thank goodness! I am counting down the days, but until then, here are a few pictures to hold you over!



No comments:

Post a Comment